Can I use Google Analytics for my magazines?
Hi Rene. This is not working for me. When I visit any of my magazines on Yumpu, the Google Tracking ID I see in the page source is always UA-27868640-1 which is the “example” ID from your reply to this post above. My own Google Tracking ID does not get added to my magazines.
The Tracking ID in the page source is UA-27868640-1 but I entered UA-51623625-5 in my magazine settings in Yumpu.
thank you for your request.
I’ve checked your account and you are using three different (UA-59xx991-6, UA-51xx3625-6 and UA-51623625-5) Tracking IDs. I found the ID you mentioned 7 times (UA-51623625-5). I was not able to find the “example”-ID in your account.
Please try to insert your Google Tracking ID at each document and save.
Hello Maria. I’m not sure you are understanding my issue. Let me try to explain.
- Go to https://www.yumpu.com/en/document/view/56276470/quiltsocial-issue-7. That is one of my magazines on Yumpu.
- View the source code on that page using your browser.
- Find the section containing the Google Analytics code.
- There you will see the tracking ID UA-27868640-1, which is the “example ID” from Rene’s post.
- The tracking ID I entered in my Yumpu account for this magazine is UA-51623625-5, which does not appear in the source code.
- When someone reads my magazine at the URL above, my Google Analytics account is not being notified.
The URL above is only one example. It’s the same for all my magazine issues. I have entered my own Tracking IDs for all my magazine issues in my Yumpu account, but the only one that shows in the source code is the “example ID”.
I hope this is a better explanation. I look forward to your response.
thank you for your explanation.
I followed your explanation and found this:
- placeholder=”E.g. UA-12345678-9″
Please have a look at your google analytics profile. Is there a tracking result?
My Google Analytics is showing zero visits for today and yesterday from the UA-51623625-5 tracking code.
Can you please let me know the URL you are looking at that contains the code in your response above.
Here is a screenshot that shows the URL and the “example ID” tracking code that I’m seeing:
Hello Maria. WE ARE NOT UNDERSTANDING OURSELVES.
Please do something very simple:
Please go to https://www.yumpu.com/en/document/view/56276470/quiltsocial-issue-7. This is the URL for my magazine on Yumpu. This is where readers go to read my magazine.
When you are on that URL, do you see my Tracking ID anywhere in the HTML code for THAT PAGE?
thank you for your request.
Where will you find your tracking ID?
Open your magazine in the player -> View the source code -> Check network -> Flip the magazine -> Search for your Google Analytics ID.
Please feel free to get back in touch, should you have other concerns and I will be more than happy to assist you.